It's been a while, everyone. I'm not even sure why it's happening again, but it is, and so along with the flow I go. As you may have noticed I made some changes to the look of the site because the old, slightly gloomy one was bugging me. I think it's much cleaner-looking now, although yes, it doesn't look like a red book anymore.
Thanks to my lengthy absence I, for once, have plenty to say, so I think I'll stagger my posts instead of lumping it all into one. Let's start with pole, because it's the thing I'm most excited about.
I took part in the New Zealand Amateur Pole Performer competition and although I didn't place, I had a fantastic time and was very please with my performance. Also the photos that were taken make me look rather excellent (they're on Facebook, I'm not posting them again). I do, however, have videos to post. There's half-a-video from the actual comp which ends right at the exciting part.
Here's another video from when I was practicing; there are a couple of mistakes but it's essentially the same as my NZAPP performance.
Unfortunately I forgot to submit this to the 'people's choice' section of the comp so I won't get another chance at getting through to finals. That's okay though, I did it more for the opportunity to create a full routine and perform it in front of an audience than to win anything. And I'm so glad I did. It was wonderful to able to show my friends, mother and boyfriend what I've been working on, and talking non-stop about, for the past few weeks. What was also wonderful was hearing all the positive feedback after the show, because if there's one thing I like it's people affirming how excellent I am.
I'm already writing a list of pole goals and dreaming up new routines. Once I get
Black and Gold out of my head.
A-ha, I knew it was you because of the colour scheme :p
ReplyDeleteAlso, this is restarting so we can get back into the habit of this before Julie goes :p
Anyway, sorry again for the battery failure haha, but yes *affirm affirm*