Catchphrase
When we were in Toulouse having a drink in Place Saint-Georges on Friday, Pirate exclaimed at some point that I say 'bordel' way too much - and I said it was my favourite French swear word (it's more fun to say than 'putain'; and I can't naturally say the multi-barrelled swear Buddy#1 taught me: "Putain de merde de bordel au cul"!).
Pirate said that it must be my favourite word too - I said no I like "pantouffle"; she pointed out that I hardly use it, but I explained that's because "(house)slipper" doesn't really come up often in daily conversation.
Pirate then pointed out that I'm always saying "mignon" ("cute") too - specifically as a descriptive, excited exclamation: "Oh c'est mignon!"
And that is how my given catchphrase came about: "Bordel c'est mignon!"
Emoticons
I made the first observation about a month ago, but wanted to wait until I saw it with three different people before I commented on it.
And now I can inform you all that apparently in France it seems reasonably legitimate for guys (in their early to late 20's) to use the following emoticon:
^^
HAPPY ASIAN FACE.
Each time I can't help but think: WHEN DID YOU TURN INTO A LITTLE ASIAN GIRL.
Anyway, today I passed a chocolate shop after buying some delicious-looking vegetables from the market, and just HAD to buy this:
| TINTIN! Little box of chocolates. They also had the box in blue in purple, but this one had the best pictures on it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment