Monday, 26 March 2012

La Rochelle #47: Girly Days


As expected, we didn't end up going to the market Saturday morning. In fact, Vegetarian was presumed dead, so after Pirate watched me eat a Serious Breakfast around noon (a third of a courgette that was leftover (sliced and fried); half a big broccoli (steamed), three medium potatoes (boiled and buttered), two eggs (omelette-d), coffee and a lot of orange juice) - we went out to enjoy the sunshine.

This meant ICE CREAM: Ernest le Glacier, which had four windows like this, FULL OF FLAVOURS.
SO MUCH GOODNESS. It was like, almost gelato-y texture and just AHHH.
So many points for display and flavour.
I had three scoops: macarons (with little bits in it!), strawberry-poppy (couldn't really taste the poppy but IT WAS GOOD ANYWAY), and "brownies chocolat" (which also had little bits in it).

And then there was the shopping.

To the disappointment of my bank account, I bought:
- a pair of summer-weather-friendly 'ballerines', in coral (little flat shoes that usually never work with my abominably flat feet - but these have shoelaces at the top so that helped; also this was the only thing I'd set out to buy);
- a speckled-y-rose tank top;
- a high-waisted white skirt with a bow (surprise surprise it was an Asian shop);
- and:
I have finally accepted that I am not REALLY a Big-Sunglasses person.
I've stopped myself from buying this multiple times before;
but it's been too long since I've had a tacky plastic Asian ring.


The first few pictures I took of the following pair of blue shoes DID NOT AT ALL resemble the colour of the shoes in real life. I couldn't find the actual shoes online (blame miscellaneous Asian shops) so went in search of a similar image.
All I learned from this is that there are: Many. Blue. Shoes. I want. [separate links, FYI. And what is HAPPENING with that last one??]

In the end I just stuck the shoe out the window for sunlight. They're still a bit more turquoisey than that, but it's better than a dull blue-grey.
And of course some guy walked by straight after I took the photo.
Also, FIND THE VELCRO ON THIS SHOE.
Same goes for blue bag, which is slightly more greeny.
LOTS OF POCKETS.
Also my cheap (also blue; shuttup) handbag from Pimkie snapped that afternoon, so, CONVENIENT.
(So pretty much it was an entire outfit, which I broke in that night - without the inappropriate accessories.)

Then we finally met up with Vegetarian, and went to the beach, where I made an armchair a sand gypsy ahhhhh this sand too sandy a mermaid.
I'm not so good with boobs.
When the sun started to set, we parted to tidy ourselves up, and regrouped at my place for food and drinks - which to my great amusement, involved 'Family Photos' as requested by Vegetarian (who said to Pirate, after noticing my hesitation: "Awkward, she doesn't consider us family...").

Later still:
- I was called 'cold', which I owned and turned into 'cold bitch' (Pirate got 'hard bitch', I'm not sure what happened to Vegetarian); because I am pretty good at shutting people down when I am unimpressed and tired of being called "la Chinoise" (the Chinese female);

Other than the rather strange and unimpressive ending, the other bits were rather fun.

And today, with Buddy#1, I bought a hat:
THE INNER LINING IS LEOPARD PRINT.
Also it looks better not on the floor.
I couldn't put it on the table or desk like normal because there is no clean space left.
Taking a leaf out of Kay's book, I also FINALLY bought Proper Red lipstick (L'Oréal Paris: Color Riche, 461 - Crème Rouge/Scarlett Crème. tiffy if you're going to tell me about something better and cheaper, please let me down gently).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers