First
off; a couple of pizzas, which are always fun to make. The base turned out
really well this time; I’ve finally got the perfect recipe to get it nicely
crunchy without turning it into a biscuit. They’re not the prettiest things but
I made them with love. Well, I made them. Shouted at them a bit until they got
in line.
The
first one’s a fairly traditional tomato-and-basil affair with some home-grown
cherry tomatoes. Then, because I have to make everything Asian, I made a satay
pizza using a peanut sauce and coriander pesto as the sauce. According to my
mother it was ‘restaurant quality’ so I must have done something right.
Then
for dessert I baked a sticky toffee pudding which I was a little apprehensive
about, not only because the recipe called for the distractingly named Camp Coffee, which I later realised was
coffee essence. But it turned out beautifully and went very nicely with my butterscotch
sauce :D
On
top of that (who’s going to eat all of this?) I tried out a recipe I’ve been
devising for a while, which I’ve named Pancakes Cupcake (I’m not good at names).
The reason for this is that the main flavours are banana, bacon and maple syrup.
That’s
maple whipped cream on top. And yes, it is
like eating an orgasm. Or maybe just brunch, it’s like that too.
I also painted my nails prettily. And then all the rhinestones came off and made me sad.
In other news, I've had a cold since the Friday before last and it's getting on my tits.








BISCUIT PIZZA YOU SHOULD MAKE THAT TOO.
ReplyDeleteAlso it all looks delicious, I hate you.
Pancakes Cupcake is hard to say; what about Brunch Cupcake? Brunchcake? (Alternatively that could be a new recipe suggestion.)
Meanwhile, despite your bad naming-skills, I rather appreciated the phrases "eating an orgasm" and "getting on my tips"; particularly when both are imagined literally.
I also appreciate FUN NAILS. I cleaned mine before I went travellabouts so that I wouldn't have to deal with the awkward peeling situation.