Monday, 16 April 2012

La Rochelle #49: LE ROI LION weekend

Before I get into crazy-study-mode for my last political history presentation, and before I go off on holidaaaaay-beyond-France, here are some weekend highlights!

FYI in La Rochelle Thursday counts as a night out, because that is the student night. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but lotsa kids tend to go home to their parents' house over the weekend, so Thursday is the last night to party. Unfortunately I tend to have Friday morning classes but have been managing pretty well so far.

Thursday:
Went to pub quiz with exchange girls. WE OFFICIALLY HAVE A "USUAL" NOW, which at least Ginger knows: two pints of cider and one Jameson's straight (guess which is mine), sometimes accompanied by cheesy chips.

Anyway we did horrendously, mainly because we were busy chattering away with the English exchange girl and her two friends who were visiting - both girls (BlondeBrit and BrunetteBrit) from somewhere mid-West (I think?) England, who study in a tiny town in Wales. They were both pretty damn awesome, and I was particularly fond of BlondeBrit; am trying to get them to come hang out with me in London haha. They said I'm welcome in Wales to come party with them some time, but to be honest, from the stories they told me, I'd be too fucking scared to drink with them on their home turf!!

Friday:
I thiiiink this was when I went out with Buddy#1 in the daytime? Or maybe this was on Thursday. Regardless, after my run to the market for veges, we went to this ADORABLE little cafe for smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels, and cheese cake that was unfortunately just more of a normal squishy cake, but still pretty good. And then we went shopping at a kind of Farmer's equivalent, where I may have bought underwear with MACARONS on, and then passed a quirky shop where I bought a (black!? but with other colours) beachy summery dress, and also this crazy purple top that's kinda like a top but with a hood that you can't wear as a hood and also the back is awesome.

Saturday:
Thanks to the generosity of a clever bartender (at the little bar where I'd bought my Irish Coffee glass), we discovered (free) vodka and hazelnut shots. DELICIOUS. Well, actually the first second you swallow it's almost too disgustingly sweet, but after that you have a super scrumptious praliney aftertaste so that's okay.

Also, extracts from from the cocktail recipe book belonging to one of Buddy#1's PhDKids:
(1) Godfather: scotch, and amaretto liqueur
(2) Sidecar: cognac, lemon juice, cointreau and orange zest.

Sunday:
I slept a lot.

AND THEN WE WENT TO SEE THE LION KING IN FRENCH IN 3D AND IT WAS SO AWESOME.

Naturally I am still rather loyal to the original, since I can actually sing along to everything and know a good deal of the dialogue; but they did a pretty good job, and I think "Be Prepared/Soyez Prรจts" in particular was good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers