I'll update properly when I'm back in La Rochelle, all chronologically and with photos (this should probably be done after my exams...) - but for now, some interesting things:
Me + Alcohol:
I learned that people can go out 'partying' and the like on Sunday nights. That's a thing.
Me + Irish:
Despite years of my infamous infatuation with Irish accents, after two nights and two days of wandering around central Dublin (and Howth, a mariney place), I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that I'm not massively attracted to the average Irish passerby (at least in this area). I'm not sure is a result of my growing fondness of continental Europeans, or just because famous people are not representative of local inhabitants (even once you weed through the pubs past the old folk).
On the plus side, it turns out there are a hell of a lot of French people here (CoolChick thinks it's because of sports), and a decent number of other continental Europeans (though Dublin's not as amazingly cosmopolitan as London is).
[Spoiler alert 2013: Yeah that update's never gonna happen.]
No comments:
Post a Comment