After years of semi-planning, semi-organising and re-organising plans (I'm a sucker for pointless Excel sheets), I FINALLY handed in my application to go on an overseas exchange today!
Standard application form with no crazy paperwork I had to hunt down - just basic personal information, vague budget, choice of 3 universities and some research of courses to do, then standard motivational essays on why I am so awesome so you should PICK ME PICK ME I won't stuff things up I promise!
But yeah, the application for January next year is due this weekend so I thought today would be okay; I just didn't want to hand it in ridiculously early, especially if it might get muddled up with all the other applications for earlier times. Oh god it feels like it's taken so long, and there's still the whole process of getting accepted by my home university, trying to cross-credit courses, sorting out visa/insurance/accommodation/flights etc, then actually getting accepted to the French universities (I apply around October, then don't find out till December, eeeeeeeeeeee).
I'm intermittently freaking out about this, particularly when it comes to the money and just, AHH in general. But luckily there's a family friend in my class this trimester who just went to Lyon like first trimester last year I think it was, SO I can totally pester him for tips bahaha (he already gave me a link for good accommodation near Lyon III).
Anyway. My adventure BEGINS.
No comments:
Post a Comment