Monday, 25 July 2011

LUX Symposium_ part 3

Err so yeah I totally forgot to upload the last part of my LUX impressions... so I will now, because they are worth seeing. Also it will be much shorter than I intended because I ended up not going back to the exhibition but whatever, these videos are much better than anything I could show anyway :P

Keynote speaker for the second day was Joanie Lemercier from AntiVJ which is AMAZING.


(VJing is much like DJing except the V stands for visual and they do all kinds of crazy things with projections in time to music. Seriously guys watch that video.)


Also Adam Pruden with his (and some other people's) project Flyfire which is purely hypothetical because they haven't perfected the tiny helicopters yet. But when they do I'm sure it will be AWESOME. (He brought a prototype heliLED into the lecture theatre and it flew! But it flew too high and crashed into the ceiling and I think he broke it because all it would do after that was flutter about in a drunken sort of way 5cm off the ground. It was pretty sweet until then, though.)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, VJing is my new favourite thing. It's like the modern version of whatever-you-call-that-thing-they-do-for-Fantasia.

    Also I think it's weird how much I find straight lines so aesthetically pleasing. Particularly when in shadows rather than colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they have their own sound guy/music artist too, so sometimes the sound informs the projection and sometimes the projection informs the sound, because they're working in the same room together. I think that kind of collaboration is nice. AntiVJ is made up of five or six people so everyone has different inputs to make...

    What's even more incredible is that because the building is so large they had to come up with everything (sound included) on site in about two-three hours before the performance. They worked up their own software especially for it to bring two-three days worth of rendering down to about one minute. THAT'S MAGIC.

    MAGIC.

    ReplyDelete

Followers