I have been reminded that I like and thus should relearn (and then master, so I don't damned forget it this time) Chopin's Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 (E flat major) [also the pianist has unfortunate facial expressions], which I learned shortly after that Muse song came out - because apparently Matthew Bellamy and I both enjoy showy pieces that are pretty but easy to play.
Though, bar the EPIC Fantasie Impromptu (and no I will never ever shut up about that, it will be played at my funeral OHMYGODACTUALLY BEST IDEA), I think I am less of a Cho-paaaapapapapapa-pin fan, and more of a BAH-BAH-BAH-BEETHOVENNNN.
God, even thinking about playing the piano makes me want to cut my nails, and you can only just see them over my fingertips as is...
Anyway, on the Frenchfront, today I:
- sorted out train tickets for Mother Dearest and I from Paris to La Rochelle; and
- applied for my visa with the help of a surprisingly kind admin lady who was nice about my French, which apparently always gets blundery in the face of Officialness.
FYI apparently "the thing is [that]" as a literally-translated phrase in French ("la chose est [que]") is legitimate. AWESOME.
Also I taught B from job#2 about the differences between the hyphen, the en dash/en rule and the em dash/em rule.
In her opinion this makes me more qualified for the job than she is; however if this is true it would be because I did 138 pages in the time she did 80 (probably had something to do with the two long gossipy phone calls); and also picked up on some systematic errors she missed.
Okay I shouldn't be saying that because she's lovely and really friendly and all, but man.
No comments:
Post a Comment