(Highly recommended for post-exam self-indulgence, and/or if your moon is in the red house.)
Recipe for a Slow Delicious Death: STEACON
Ingredients (serves 2 people who are very hungry):
- 500g rump steak
- 4 slices of streaky bacon
- big pan with oil
- salt, pepper
- cheese, grated (suggest mozarella because it is fairly mild and melts nicely)
Optional accompanying food (variable):
- 8 smallish potatoes
- 1 1/2 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium broccoli (attempt to be healthy)
- pot with water; medium deep dish for oven lightly oiled (olive oil preferable)
Cooking!
1. Turn on oven to standard roasting temperature. (I don't know, 180 degrees celsius, or 200? Pretty much my recipes are useless for people who can't already vaguely feel their way around cooking. SORRY.)
2. Peel and chop onions into quarters, place in dish with garlic cloves.
(FYI: we do this thing where you leave the garlic clove unpeeled and then when you eat it post-roast it's all smooshy and delicious; but you can just as equally roast it peeled so as to flavour everything else more - up to you)
3. Boil a pot of water. Wash potatoes and boil whole till slightly soft. Place in dish - season everything evenly with salt and pepper and stick in the oven. Check and mix regularly.
4. Get the DELICIOUS RUMP STEAK. Rub salt and pepper into both sides evenly.
5. Get the DELICIOUS BACON. Wrap around the steak, around the narrower sides of it (i.e. don't lie the bacon along the length of the steak).
6. Turn on stove; place pan and oil; put in DELICIOUS STEACON.
7. Flip regularly until the parts of the steak under the bacon have browned, and the centre of the steak is light pink.
8. Chop up the broccoli as per personal preference and boil or steam while steak cooking.
9. When some steacon juice has formed in the pan, ADD IT TO THE POTATOES SERIOUSLY DO IT. (We did twice~)
10. Plate the potatoes etc from oven, and broccoli.
11. Cut steak in half and plate.
12. SPRINKLE CHEESE ON STEAK WHILE HOT.
13. DEVOUR.
14. Die young but extremely happy.
15. If your moon is in the hungry house, feel free to follow this with a cup of tea and most of a packet of chocolate chip fudge cookies.
:D
In other news...
- EXAMS FINISHED. WOOO.
- I THINK THEY WENT WELL. I bullshitted the second half of my second exam, but that was because the lecturer was bollocks; while I went to all tutorials I went to a shocking 3 or 4 out of 18 lectures. Usually that is the most I miss out of 36 lectures. And I only went to the last lecture so I could fill in the
- Now I know random things about the colonial experience in 1500s Latin America, and like the associated Spanish wanky debate, and stuff about eurocentric jurists and friars who are deemed by some to be the founders of international law. Makes a change to mortgages, I'll tell you that.
- Foucault is ALWAYS relevant. (Oh tiffy, I just kept thinking of delicious Pat Moloney~)
Am currently using my HP Mini, as was testing out the external disc drive I just ordered cheap off TradeMe at the end of last week :D IT'S SO COOL I don't know why I think that but I guess just the novelty amuses me... Plus it fits in my mini laptop bag so WOOO~
Also am (finally) listening to a copy of the new Iron & Wine CD I was recently gifted, appropriately named 'Kiss Each Other Clean' <3
I'd already heard a couple songs, but definitely recommended~ (Need to listen to all of it a few times but meh I'm already biased towards Iron & Wine anyway and haven't heard anything I haven't liked so far, so I doubt I'll change my mind)
YAY.
P.S. Why do I never end up going to bed as early as I plan to? THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY.
What does "if your moon is in the red house" mean? Or is it too R Rated for my ears (or eyes in this case)?
ReplyDeleteIt means if you have your period. I'm trying to make a popular saying by combining (non-Filipino) societal discomfort with talking openly about periods, with taking the piss out of astrology, and drawing on the association of the moon with the female.
ReplyDelete(Similarly, you can say that your moon is in the hungry house - or arguably any relevant adjective, depending on your hormones.)
Ugh I phrased that thing badly. Pretty much just ignore the "(non-Filipino" comment; I was just trying to say on the side that based on my experience there is not much (if any) forced or self-forced silence/quietness about that.
ReplyDelete