So, sometime ago in the midst of all my premature-pre-exchange-excitement, I emailed the main student accommodation company in La Rochelle regarding two of their buildings. They said it was too early, and to contact them again a couple months before I wanted accommodation.
I did that, and now they're full. Except for the shitty building that I've been fervently warned against.
SO HMM. Okay, granted I may have lost a bit of time due to the travelling time of my application - but at any rate, that was still in the funny period where I wasn't sure if I'd receive an official letter of acceptence to send to the accommodation people as proof of my enrolment in La Rochelle (rather than just a stamped copy of my learning agreement) - and I sent it off as soon as a friend confirmed that you don't get the letter till you enrol there in person (while the official exchange people down here had told me earlier that I WOULD in fact get an official letter for visa purposes etc; yeah thanks).
Anyway, then it turned out that my backup accommodation people were in the same position (i.e. all sold out except for the building with the supertiny shitty rooms). I probably should've contacted these guys earlier, but I also didn't want to pay a deposit for a room when (I thought at the time) there was a good chance I'd end up elsewhere.
Luckily (well, depending on the outcome) I'd recorded a website with accommodation for students from smaller private companies/individuals, and have been snooping on and off there while being bored waiting for other official accommodation. Have emailed one person to ask relevant questions, and am waiting for it to be a suitable time in France to call someone else who hadn't listed an email. (This time difference is going to be really annoying, I can tell already.)
Ehhhhhhh.
That's... irritating. Good luck with your arrangements, I hope it works out for you ><
ReplyDeleteArigatou :)
ReplyDelete