Tuesday, 27 December 2011

La Rochelle #17: Allons-y!

So! It finally begins. HEY FRANCE, HERE I COME - GOOD RUCK!

Apologies in advance for all the photos (not that I'm actually sorry).

On the night of the 27th, Mother Dearest and I (in a bright pink infinity dress, bahaha) finally arrived in Paris after:

- 45min flight from Wellington to Auckland (Air NZ);
- 2 hour wait, falling asleep, with a waffle with Strawberries & Cream and Pistachio ice cream;
- 12 hour 20 minute flight from Auckland to Shanghai (Lufthansa/Swiss Air) - pretty much slept the whole time between the two meals;
- 1 hour 45 min wait, and (fresh!) mango juice, milk tea and bibimbap;
Mine had a lot of this stuff. I still don't know what it is but it tasted okay and I was hungry.
- 12 hour something-minute flight from Shanghai to Zurich (same airline as before) - during which I was inevitably and unfortunately mostly awake (played games; listened to a Ray Lamontagne album; and watched Captain America, Date Night, Cowboys and Aliens, and an episode of the Big Bang Theory);
- 30 min wait in Zurich Airport - where the windows by our boarding gate looked like this:
I wasn't sure if it was really a window until I could make out a plane driving by in the distance.
Also this was available from the little cafe thing and I just thought it was cute.
- 45 min flight from Zurich to Paris:
 - and then finally the shuttle ride to the hotel (no idea how long that was 'cause I was asleep).

I suspect it would have all been a bit nicer if I didn't have my period but HEY it was still pretty fun considering.

Speaking of fun, while guarding the luggage alone at Zurich airport, I was greatly amused by the cute 22-year-old Parisian-Moroccan boy hitting on the stunning 18-year-old blonde German girl in broken English, as neither of them could really speak the other's native language (I started eavesdropping in in time to get their ages but missed their names). Also, so much pretty.

And speaking of PRETTY (as tiffy has been briefly informed by email already): at the boarding gate for the Zurich-Paris flight there was a guy who TOTALLY looked like a younger version of Gaspard Ulliel, but German. Pretty much he looked like this:
But with slightly less fwoop in his hair, and wearing a black jacket over a red hoodie.
He also turned out to be sitting directly behind me on the plane - which was awesome, but also pretty much prevented me from being able to perve on him, but oh well.

Oh yeah: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers