Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Paris #1: Shopping - Galeries Lafayette

So, against my advice and my attempts of waking her at around 6.30pm, Mother Dearest has decided to keep sleeping, so here I am again with MORE PHOTOS.

Lafayette. Proper-sized mall, with 5 floors plus the basement level, where most of the shoes are (hey NZ, take some notes).

For Christmas, they have put up a giant facking Christmas tree right in the middle:
Pictured from the ground level.
The 'Dior' sign is the ceiling-y bit above a standard-sized (I think?) make-up stall-y thing in shops.
Here is th bad-arse ceiling above the Christmas tree.
Confession: I dragged Mum to the other side of the building so I wouldn't be standing next to the other three Asians also taking photos of the big tree.

Anyway, so turns out Mum is pretty damn useful for funding shopping, surprise surprise.

So, I got some shoes:
These are a better/lighter shade of grey in real life, but yes, they are like plastic-y gumboot material.
They're comfy and waterproof, okay? Also the lady who sold me this said I was funny 'cause I was running around all over the place. I explained that I had been stuck on a plane for like 30 hours till the previous evening. Yes, that's why.
(For some reason my first comment was: Kay is so gonna laugh at me for these.)
Also got a pair of flat, SUPERWARM walking boots!
.
Look, they unfold!
And these other warm, sturdy walking shoes. With red laces!
I did NOT buy this, because I could hot-glue a koosh ball onto a pair of black heels if I wanted to myself.
I also got this crazily-cut, asymmetrical, long-sleeved, light grey dress - and a knee-length, high-necked, windbreaker-y type coat that is like sleek and fitted, and a sort of dark grey with a hint of plum - both from JNBY, which is collective of designers: French, German (or French-German, I wasn't sure), Belgian, Korean and Japanese - the latter of which explains the style of my coat somewhat :D

Anyway I don't have pictures of those but here are some pictures of coats that I took before we passed a fancy shop where I was told it was not allowed:



Then, after running around Level 3, and realising we should have been on Level 4, I found the HOSIERY SECTION:


BOURGET. Cheaper in France - except for the super expensive ones.
I bought these ones, the most expensive of which was - after a 10% discount, and the 12% discount 'cause we don't have to pay tax - NZD26 HELL YEAH:

Yeah I know technically they're woolly leggings but STILL CUTE (cuter in real life).
Okay, so they're just blue (brighter in real life). But they were also about NZD16 and had cute legs on the cover.
Plus I didn't end up bringing plain blue tights with me anyhow.
 On the other side of the hosiery was the LINGERIE section, but, as with all the lingerie shops we have passed [edit: wow I forgot to finish my sentence, my bad] - I have had to pretend they don't exist so that I can come back later and find Agent Provocateur especially :D
We had to head home after the shopping because we had four massive, annoying bags (I obviously haven't bothered recounting Mum's shopping) - and that was after I had put my new coat from one bag into another bag.

But first we had a late lunch:
(Baby-sized!) mussels and fries, with an awesome slightly-mustard-y mayonniase.
Vegetable soup and bread for Mum, and green beans to share.
This all appeared 10 minutes after we ordered.
Another reason France is awesome: boiled egg and mayonnaise is a thing.
And finally we went back to our room, via the wolrd's smallest elevator.

2 comments:

  1. Waaaannnnnt.

    My mother doesn't understand boiled eggs and mayonnaise. She's like, 'but it's just egg... with more egg.' YES THAT'S THE POINT it tastes nice.

    Heheheh 'plate of the garden'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D

    I haven't actually tried it yet, but I still appreciate that it exists.

    ReplyDelete

Followers