Thursday, 15 December 2011

Some entertaining things

I haven't written anything here for a very long time, so really it's just like seeing me in person.

Anyway, here are some things I have found, recently or not, that I would like to share.

1.

Science and philosophy! In cartoon form. Voiced by someone who sounds suspiciously like David Mitchell.

2. The Merry Sisters of Fate, a group of three ladies who write very engaging fantasy short stories. Most of these are based on fairytails, superstitions, folk stories and similar but some of which are entirely original, and all of which are rather interesting. I wasn't sure at first, but I very quickly found myself reading all the stories and I have to say, I don't think there's a single one I don't like. My favourite is possibly this one, because it's both adorably squishy and sinister at the same time. Actually, a lot of them are.

3. Models.com. Okay, this isn't actually a thing, but I have to prove to Sarita that a) it's a legitimate thing, b) I'm an artist so I'm allowed to use it for reference without being creepy and c) mmm, pretty people.


4. Imaginawesome: kids' drawings + awesome dust. Essentially it's a guy re-drawing children's pictures to make them look like professional illustrations. The best bit is the descriptions written by the children about their artworks.

Well, that's it.
In other news, my manager's making me work some unusual hours (unusual as in, I'm not usually rostered on on those days) which means I can't go to Julie's graduation. Apparently this is because the other girl who works there is also graduating on that day, which is fair enough, but ARGH. Sorry Jubee.

Finally finished all my current sewing projects, which are strangely all for Sarita ('all' two). Now have a couple of new crafty things including making a very exciting needle book.

Lastly, this evening I got a rather strange call from a man asking for my mother, by name, who wanted to know if we owned a computer, because we were apparently having trouble with it. He asked a few more questions about whether we owned a desktop or laptop, and who I was, and whether I could just start up my computer for him before I told him there wasn't a problem and he hung up, rather abruptly. Not more than three seconds after I put the phone down, it rang again, with the same man asking for me by name, telling me I had a problem with my computer. I said, no, I really don't. He said, but we (who is this we?) were notified of a problem with your Windows 7 [some model of computer]. Yeah mate, of course. Despite the fact that neither my mother nor I have Windows 7. I told him so and there was a long silence before he said 'Oh. Well then, sorry to bother you-' and I said 'Yes, goodbye' and hung up.

So there you go. The strange Indian-sounding men asking mysterious questions about non-existent computers are clearly not on their game tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Video is cool; your computer story is HILARIOUS.

    Also AWW YOU DELETED MY HIDDEN MESSAGE :p

    Also-also I clicked on your Models link, and when I switched to that tab the first thing I saw was the Made in Brazil thing and WOAH.
    (The middle guy looks a bit evil; and that's the only comment I will make here.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that guy called us AGAIN today. What the hell, man?

    Hidden message WHAT HIDDEN MESSAGE.

    Haha ZAM! Right in the face.

    (My verification word for this post is 'uddles'. Well.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much you need to learn how to say "vas te faire foutre" in Hindi.

    My response to that could either be YES PLEASE or NO THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Followers