Monday, 5 December 2011

Reminiscing: Part Two

I got a reply from Mr Judge.

OmgomgOMG.

Part of me is just squeeing that I got an email from an ICJ judge~ Ahahahah.

SO now I just have to convince Mum that it is both a good and plausible idea for us to spend a couple days in The Hague between Christmas and New Year, because otherwise I will have to go later in January, which means I'd have to add an extra 3 hours (and however many dollars) from La Rochelle to Paris, to the 4 hour train ride from Paris to The Hague via Amsterdam.

THEY STILL LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE. Or at least on the same street. EITHER WAY I CAN GO SEE MY OLD HOUSE. OMG. AND MAYBE ALSO THE PARK. Though I presume the donkey would be dead by now if it hasn't been moved elsewhere; how long do donkeys live? I don't know how old it was in the first place, mind you.

Also apparently Abdul is studying at university in USA. How dare he steal one of my childhood dreams! (Provided he didn't go somewhere shit at least; but I doubt that.) Whatever, no regrets - things have turned out pretty well, and it means that I didn't have to put up with NCEA for another year while also probably stressing about SATs.

Meanwhile, I am mastering the art of painting my nails while working on my assignment. The trick is to paint a couple fingers then wait for them to dry so you can still have mostly-functioning hands.

[Spoiler Alert from 2013:
It seems like I never posted about how this story ended.
Once in La Rochelle, I exchanged a couple of emails with Abdul's dad, discussing appropriate dates for my visit. When we first spoke on the phone, I suddenly found out that Abdul would not in fact be there, and no mention was made of Abdul's mother. I spoke with my own mother very shortly after, and she pointed out that even when we were in Holland, Abdul's mother had mentioned a potential divorce.
I did not end up going.]

1 comment:

  1. A reliable source (Google) tells me that donkeys may live for about twenty to forty years. So the chances are he/she may still be there and is eager to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Followers