Sunday, 14 August 2011

Film Titles


"人のセックスを笑うな" Translated as "Don't Laugh at My Romance". really should be translated as "Don't laugh at others' Se Lives" or something like that anyway. 



Sorry tried looking for a PV with English Subs but I don't think there is one.

Staring Yu Aoi who was in "Honey Clover" and also Kenichi Matuyama who played L in "L: Change the World"I was quite excited about this film.


This kiss scene is quite cute.



And... That is the most intimate we see them getting the whole film lol... so much for such a title is all I have to say.

What is it though about Film titles. They are the one opportunity to attract the audience to what the film is about. Unless it is like based on a book or something and you use that title like Norwegian Wood (great book, terrible film) I get it,but when you use miss leading titles... Like this one... and also Benny and Joon. It is ok a tad about them but really?? They even translated it in to Japanese as "My Sister and I"... Meh...

1 comment:

  1. Se Lives ;p

    T saw Norwegian Wood, can't remember what he thought of it though (since he saw so many haha).

    I get annoyed when a film title is only vaguely relevant to the movie, and is like based on one line near the very end of the movie...

    ReplyDelete

Followers