Have dug out my old J-pop mix CD from Kay from waaaay back, and oh my GOD I have forgotten just how much I ACTUALLY like SMAP. And J-pop in general.
And also.
JAPANESE.
AS IN THE LANGUAGE.
Oh gosh.
As someone who is very much into French, Japanese syntax and such is quite strange to me sometimes - and I only learned rather basic Japanese for, what, two years in intermediate and highschool? So there'll obviously be a WHOLE WORLD of weird grammar out their waaaiting for meeee~ Maaaatte~
But like, IT'S SUCH A CUTE LANGUAGE. And Japanese does what French does in music/poetry (I think both more so than English), which is to play around with the syllables and (in French at least) say silent letters.
Example:
Japanese: "[some sort of verb]-shite" can be pronounced "sh'te" or "shiiiii-te"
French: "Arrètes!" is technically pronounced "a-ret", but can be pronounced "a-ret-tuh" sometimes, particularly if you're whining.
Now that I think of it I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of languages do - or at least did - that very same thing. Supris-ed, even.
Anyway my point is that I LIKE LANGUAGE. Hopefully this French immersion thing in exchange works, 'cause then I can start (re)learning other languages too! Top of the list would be Japanese and Spanish, since I have learned a bit of both at some point - however I suspect it would be quicker/easier to improve my Spanish first since it's so similar to French.
But also. Italian. IT WOULD BE SO FUN. AND THEN I COULD BE ROBERTO BENIGNI (see: adorable excitable Italian actor, aka what I like to think of me in the form of a hyperactive little Italian man who can act).
:D
~
Tabun
jibun
suriherashite
yuku dake saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
~
[I have no idea what that means so it's not my fault if it's rude. But it's SMAP, so I doubt it's rude. It just might be like, half of a sentence.]
--
Random next-morning afternote:
I realised some time ago that I remember phrases and in particular J-pop lyrics when I imagine them in hiragana instead of romaji. I think this is a good sign.
C:
ReplyDeleteLanguage
=
Happy
I amin the process of translating good old Dandy for ya too :P
x
LIKE!
ReplyDelete