Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Questions


So I am currently trying to fill out the forms to take with me to Japan that I need to hand in for one of the schools I am thinking of applying to.


So this is one of the columns I need to fill out that I thought I would share with you. This is across the length of on A4 piece of paper and about 5cm wide.

The first box asks me to tell them if I have any previous experience is dressmaking, art or design.
The second box asks me if I have any skills or things I am good at.
The third box is for me to state any extracurricular activities I have taken part in and also any awards I have received related to them.
The final box is for me to enter any qualifications I have gained and when.

I thought this was a bit too small a space for such things to be written, I guess they do have to get through hundreds if not thousands of these forms every year.

But check out this one at the bottom of the same page...


2 Boxes.

The first asks me politely to write in detail about;
a. the reason for why I chose the school
b. the reason why I chose the profession (or in this case the course at the school)
c. the reason and purpose I chose to come overseas to study
d. how I found out about the school

The second box asks me to write in detail what my thoughts and aspirations are for my future.

Do you think they will mind me writing  PTO in Bold letters and attaching an eight page essay??

3 comments:

  1. The amount of space you've got there is quite depressing... maybe they're just trying to see how succinct you can be. And yeah, if they're getting a whole load of applications then you want to be as to the point as you can.

    Also maybe they're testing you for kanji. You probably get bonus points if you can write it all without using pesky modifiers and particles :P

    Well, I think if they want to to say if you have any previous experience your best bet is probably to just put 'yes'. ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. So I pretty much would never be able to fill in Japanese application forms.

    Yeah, maybe in teenytiny Hannah writing?

    Find some admin person at the school to ask about additional pages; my reaction to a form like that in NZ would be the same, but I'm not sure about Japan? Like, maybe they want you to be modest and only have one skill. Still though. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked and they were like extra pages?? um... uh.... we are really sorry we only accent the pages that we provide... lolol

    eeeh... so still haven't done it yet... have to like... edit the edit lol... gaaaaaaah

    They better give me browny points for this :P

    ReplyDelete

Followers