Saturday, 13 August 2011

Une Vie de Chat

Went to see A Cat in Paris or Une Vie de Chat this morning. It was beautiful.


 As soon as the opening credits began I knew I was going to like it: the graphic yet illustrative style really appealed to me. It's a gorgeous little film with some really lovely art and engaging story. There were a lot of really amusing moments - much like in many Ghibli/Miyazaki films - in which one charming little mannerism  reveals so much about a character. Also the characters are really excellent. Oh, the dog and the slipper were so funny.

A lot of people seem to be talking about it as a kid's movie that also appeals to adults but I would disagree: I think just because it's animated doesn't mean it's for children. Yes, it's a fairly simple story and no adult content but I'd say it's just as much for adults as for kids. Maybe it's just the weird Western attitude people have towards 'cartoons'.


ARGH I love this film so much. Look, see how excited I'm getting? That's how you know.
I think I will buy it on DVD, it comes out in September.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh that was on my list of Festival films to see, but there were so many...

    You're buying the DVD, you say? ;D

    ReplyDelete

Followers