Monday, 6 February 2012

La Rochelle #32: ONE MONTH

I have officially been here, sans chère maman, for a month! (Warning: this announcement may be repeated in postcards.)


I have SEEN SNOW IN LA ROCHELLE, and ran around in it as it was falling, and have been APPROPRIATELY EXCITED. Also I made some things:
A half-arsed attempt; just a head (with leafy hat and goatee) - because I had pjs on and no gloves.
She is my Snow Gypsy. Watch her dance!
And yes I know her boobs aren't even, but mine aren't either so fuck you.
ISN'T HER HAIR EXCITING.
I also made three snow angels of varying quality (i.e. the first was pretty shit), in the middle of different streets, between 4 and 5 am (Sunday, the day it snowed), but we didn’t have cameras to document that. 

Also when Pirate and I wandered town in the afternoon to check out all the snow (and make Snow Gypsy), everyone was all bundled up but I was wearing a miniskirt and kneehighs because I AM BADARSE.

In other THIS IS HOW THINGS ARE AFTER A MONTH news, I have probably bought too many tights and lacy things, but that is France’s fault for having reasonably affordable variety.

I think I've mentioned that CUFLE has fucked up my dance classes - but Buddy#1 wants to do some sort of sporting thing and doesn't want to go alone, so woo! (Current suggestion is badminton, 'cause neither of know what else there is, and I immediately ruled out jogging.)
Food:
- I am half-way through my fourth box of 10 eggs, and have finished three boxes of quail eggs (20, 16 and 20). For the record though, I am HomeBase for the exchange girls, and Kay came that weekend, so other people have eaten them too. But yeah I'm pretty much an egg-fiend.
- I know four groceries in La Rochelle, the location and approximate hours of the market -  plus I also have the little Asian supermarket (though I need Buddy#1 to tell me how to get to that one).

Social Life:
Reliable friends: 2 (exchange girls, hah)
Alright-ish friends: 3?
Official language-exchange buddies: 1

Other:
Current repeat album: ‘Funeral’ by Arcade Fire.
Current nails: pink (no newspaper print ‘cause I didn’t have time :p Though I did do that with blue last week, kinda fucked it up but ‘piano’ and ‘être’ (to be) worked pretty well)
Current TV: Skins; Green Wing (again, I know)
Recently finished: Secret Diary of A Call Girl; two previous generations of Skins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers