Saturday, 11 February 2012

La Rochelle #36.2: Epilogue

Following the previous post: turns out we're going for the convenient memory wipe, in the tradition of my paternal family.

When I arrived at Vegetarian's, I felt for a moment that they were waiting for me to say something.

But, I'd messaged and texted them both, and any responses just ignored the parts of my messages that made reference to yesterday - so in my opinion the ball is in their court.

I mean, I've only known them for just over a month, and of course I'm glad that they were around when they were around, but I don't exactly feel like I owe it to them or anyone to be the super-best-of-friends with them.

It'll be interesting (see also: potentially annoying) to see what OldGirl says next time I see her, but that might not be for a while since my EU class has temporarily moved to the same time as my class with OldGirl.

I don't think I'm going as far as alienating myself from the other New Zealand exchange kids, though I guess I may yet come to regret whatever it is that is happening with all this - but I can't help but go with my instincts, namely to lean towards the interesting, multi-cultural, multi-lingual and goddamnit just more fun crowd with whom I can speak freely, than those who just fall short of stating that I can't possibly think the way I say I think. And I'm okay with that.

Also, EMPANADAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers