Today Buddy#1 and I went to our first gym class! It was hard but fun, and we're going to make it part of our weekly routine :)
Three related, but not spectacularly important points to make:
(1) Since when are there weights you can tie around your ankles?!?
(2) There is a class called CAF (that unfortunately clashes with CUFLE), which stands for "Cuisses, Abdos, Fesses" - a class that works on your thighs, abdominal muscles and arse. This makes sense but also really amuses me for some reason.
(3) The slightly camp, verging-on-middle-aged Frenchman who led the class, kept yelling out standard various gym-class things, like "allez!" (go) and "bougez!" (move). However I really appreciated the additional French touch, "oop-lah", and more importantly when he told us to breathe out - "SOUFFLEZ", which rhymes with the cake.
I cracked up EVERY TIME.
In other news, CUFLE class today:
(1) After listening to an extract of a radio show as part of an exercise, we got to have a discussion about the history of high-heels - with relevant and substantial tangents about King Louis XIV, Simone de Beauvoir and feminisme. I love France.
(2) I suspect a budding romance between the Greek girl and the PhD boy from Saudi Arabia! Aside from previous moments I have noticed, today he beamed when she came in 5 minutes late, and then did even more when she went to sit down next to him - after she had already crossed half of the room to head to the bunch of spare seats there.
N'awwww~ (Also holyfuck they would have GORGEOUS CHILDREN.)
On a completely unexpected note - Buddy#1 just messaged me a link on Facebook TO TIGHTS OMG OMG OMG.
(uhh, I'm just gonna change the time of this post a bit - I only posted today 'cause Kay already posted so it didn't feel like I was overposting too much :p)
Also Han look, it's like those tights you posted earlier: http://www.romwe.com/asymmetric-sweep-chiffon-sheer-shift-dress-p-4399.html
ReplyDeleteMan, I could not handle having a dude yell 'caaaake' at me in a gym.
ReplyDeleteYes that is the main point I took from your story.
Also yes I do want that dress also.
IKNOWRIGHT?
ReplyDeleteI kept getting weird looks for my giggling fits :p