Monday, 13 February 2012

The Joy of Audiobooks

Benedict Cumberbatch reading Kafka's 'Metamorphosis'.

Excuse me while my uterus melts.

(He even makes the word 'clerk' sound good.)

Bloody tiffy; fangirling does NOT need to be encouraged at this time of the month, thank you.

P.S. BBC's modern 'Sherlock' TV show is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I also love all the little moments that scream Stephen Moffat, n'aww.

That, and Martin Freeman is adorable as always. "You being all mysterious with your cheekbones and turning your coat collar up so you look cool."

HE ALSO READ THE JABBERWOCKY. 

4 comments:

  1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a wonderful Holmes. And Martin Freeman is adorable, or at least he always plays adorable characters. I've always been slightly disappointed whenever I see him in interviews, but maybe that's just me.

    Am super excited for season 3 (apparently there will be one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they say 2013 hopefully?? I haven't watched the last episode of Season 2 yet; tiffy's told me that the cliffhanger is too much so I'm a bti apprehensive.

    Anyway, disappointed in what way? If you mean a kinda lack of overt charisma, I just deleted a ramble in case that isn't what you meant - but anyway I just YouTubed him on the Graham Norton Show, and after being teased for not talking very much on Sherlock Holmes he says "Fuck you, I won a BAFTA" so he isn't THAT meek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that was one of the interviews I saw him in. I guess it's just that he's not as endearing as his characters (the ones I like). Which is obvious, because of course he isn't, he's an actor, that's what he does. Also because I don't count the characters that aren't like that so of course I have unreasonable expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Martin, he'll never win you over.

    Also, I like it better when they aren't so much like their character(s)? It means that they can actually act; c.f. the two personalities that Hugh Grant can play, the latter of which is pretty much just a sleazier version of the other.

    ReplyDelete

Followers