Let us begin with an exchange I just had with my mother:
Her: 'Are you sure you want wine?'
Me: 'Why wouldn't I?'
Her: 'Because you're on your period, aren't you?'
Me: 'Well yes, but-'
Her: 'You shouldn't drink while you're on your period.'
Me: 'Shouldn't I?'
Her: 'No. You might get pregnant.'
Me: ?????
Her: 'Are you sure you want wine?'
Me: 'Why wouldn't I?'
Her: 'Because you're on your period, aren't you?'
Me: 'Well yes, but-'
Her: 'You shouldn't drink while you're on your period.'
Me: 'Shouldn't I?'
Her: 'No. You might get pregnant.'
Me: ?????
And this is why you shouldn't drink and menstruate, ladies.
On a completely random note: I want to see this movie. It appeals to me in so many ways.
and how it closely mirrors an incident involving murder and kidnapping (with all the nasty bits cut out). I'd already heard the story of said tragedy, but when accompanied by this picture it became true nightmare material. I just needed to share this so that you too can be as traumatised as I am.
And now for something completely different: things I want!
![]() |
| Dress by Alexander McQueen. Super expensive and WANTWANTWANT. |
![]() |
| Rocket shoes by Prada. Also WANTetc... These would totally make me go faster... |
![]() |
| ... to the MOON. Bitchin' tights, ditto WANT, ditto EXPENSIVE. |
Would that I could afford these things while still affording other things too. Like food 'n' shit.
Aaaaand speaking of food I hope to soon be making some Valentine-themed sweets and maybe if you're very good there will be photos and recipes. Because while I could really take or leave Valentine's Day I am always up for cute food.





OHH Hannah.
ReplyDeleteAlso OMG SPACEY TIGHTS SQUEE.
Also, those rocket shoes with the spacey tights would look really good with the futuristic piano (http://cdn.freshome.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/future-piano.jpg)
Awww I want baking.
Posting less than 12 hours after you, when I'm 12 hours behind you, is a bit awkward. Yup.
ReplyDelete