Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Bringing back some class

Well since I haven't posted in a while, I'm going to break up this little fangirling- and sock- fest to bring you fairies.


REAL ONES.


This time it's artist Cedric Laquieze, who creates some beautiful, interesting and slightly frightening sculptures, often out of natural materials.


There's also some costume and jewelery design, including some nose ornaments I found rather intriguing.

It's times like this I kinda wish I'd taken a few classes on sculpture and the like.
Speaking of my art, I'm sure in a couple of days there will be a minor flood of it on my tumblr, so, you know, take cover and similar.

Three more days and then yes! My personal projects begin.

3 comments:

  1. Real ones are FAERIES.

    Okay they are SUPER cool, although I don't get the nose one so much...

    P.S. YOU CAN NEVER STOP THE FANGIRLING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think 'real ones' have a proper spelling. Considering they are 'fair folk' or 'fay folk' I think it can really be either. Also technically I believe what you are referring to are tiny people with wings, so it's different.

    Also even more technically these are what is known as 'bits of insect creatures stuck together in the shape of another creature' so, you know, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :p

    There's just something about the spelling with the 'e' that I like though.

    ReplyDelete

Followers