So, was just at law-school on a pretty Sunday afternoon for a 4-hour revision tutorial session (though to be fair, Sonsie and I did skip out on the last hour).
I've pretty much been studying more or less morning to (early) evening for the last... week? Counting from Sunday morning, bar only Wednesday (during which I had job#1, errands, job#2, then 'gym', so that's not exactly a proper break - hmm though errands did include a detour to Bendon ahaha) and brief social breaks on Tuesday and Thursday morning.
Needless to say my brain hurts, and the rest of my evenings/nights have been filled with finishing pretty much all the grammatically-acceptable Doctor Who fanfics about Rory.
Also I found out in the break that property is an open-book exam - and I've been prepping for a closed-book exam. Excuse me while I FALL OVER.
Then again, it's a much better situation than the inverse since it means I've been actually learning things and will have a net for anything that has slipped through the cracks. But also my lack of even vague emotional response to finding that out kinda demonstrates how tired I am.
Anyway, so yes, MINOR DEGREE RESHUFFLING. AGAIN.
LLB and BA majoring in French and Political Science. Still have to finish mid-2013 due to French lit, but then this means that after French exchange, instead of 4-3-4 courses (over trimester 2, 3, then trimester 1 2013), I can now do 3-1-3.
This in TURN means that I can not only maintain job#1 as per usual, but also worm my way back into job#2 and not screw up my studies :D Considering that I came up with an idea for a more effective system-y thing and just did it on my own initiative (after boss-lady and I talked about it, she came back just to say "Good idea by the way, thanks!"), I think I have a decent chance... *fingers crossed*
(This also means that I have serious incentive to pass the law paper in France, because otherwise my exchange is completely meaningless in the technical context of my degree.)
Ugh mortgages. So damn boring.
However, just as proof that what I am doing IS actually kinda interesting - okay well I was going to ramble about the ridiculously idiotic lawyer in the Duncan v McDonald case, where he was a trustee and stole money from that trust, to invest with a Nigerian man who emailed him to get help to freakin' scam the Nigerian Government... BUT at the end of the day nothing beats Tomlinson (no I will never stop repeating this one) where the guy jumps into a lake by a sign that says "DANGER, DON'T JUMP IN" and then sues the City Council for not trying hard enough to stop him. ABAHAHAH.
And now I'm sewing up some holes in my clothes. Yeah I know; coolest story ever.
Also, Sons and I went to Mojo after we ditched the revision session early - and then eventually a guy I knew in first year from debating came in, and then I asked him (from across the room lol) if we missed anything important in the end. Kinda feel bad about that, since I haven't talked to him in years; but when I used to pass him in Kelburn village all the time like a couple years ago (though maybe last year too) we always did the acknowledgement nod thing? So, whatever. He seemed okay with it anyway and I'd help him if he asked me a question SELF JUSTIFICATION YEAH.
No comments:
Post a Comment