I began it before this university year started, so around March I guess - and managed to finish by the time of my mid-year trip to visit my grandmother and family in the Philippines around early July, as per my goal: to learn it in time to play it for my grandmother (I remember her playing it when I was younger, and unfortunately I am the only one of my cousins who plays classical music, and not romantic pop songs and/or songs from movies). Though I mean 'finished', and not 'mastered', which by my dictionary means I could play it without the score, but not without the odd stumble or hesitation, and I hadn't quite mastered the trilly bits. (Also my grandmother pointed out about three chords that I'd just learnt wrong lol wooops.) But still, not too bad, considering my history, haaa (see greatest accomplishment: the token Für Elise).
Relative to that, I should hope the new project should be easy (once this damned essay is over I can start properly, though technically I should count from end of September since I did bother with the first few bars).
Anyway, the next project is: the piano arrangement of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite!
Eventually the whole thing (because it's fun), but, for now, due by (quite suitably) Christmas: The Sugar Plum Fairy Dance, as per this lovely Asian lady below (Sugar Plum is the 2:02 to 3:48).
My original idea, potentially a year ago if not longer, was to play it while wearing a sugar plum fairy dress.
I'm not exactly sure what that would entail (though I imagine it would involve lots of glitter and a tutu and for some reason I imagine more of a periwinkle rather than plum), but either way now I think I shall be quite pleased to play it while wearing my BRIGHT PINK INFINITY DRESS THAT KAY HAS ALMOST FINISHED, WOOOOOOOOOOO.
As well as all that flexibility, the material is so SMOOTH and more importantly I can be UNWRAPPED BAHAHAH.
<3
[Edit: Maybe next should be Beethoven's Piano Sonata No 17, 'The Tempest'. Third movement is BADASS.]
No comments:
Post a Comment