Wednesday, 19 October 2011

La Rochelle #8: (Not-So?-)Officially Accepted!

In case you're not planning to read on, NOTICES:

Kay and tiffy: by the end of the week I should be able to send you a confirmation of my dates in and out of Japan (though they're pretty much set now).
Han, and Julie and Katy (if and when you eventually read this): again let me know if and when you are 80% sure that you want to spend a week in Italy and/or a week in Greece in mid to late June.

Anyway, I just got an email saying that to complete my application, I had to fill in and email back a form to do French as a Foreign Language at the special university centre thing (CUFLE). The following email said woops (or rather "Oups"; god I love the French) 'cause in the first email she'd forgotten to attach my Learning Agreement with La Rochelle, which now had all the stamps and signatures from the French side.

YAAAY.

SO I guess that's it now. I probably should be more excited but the Vic OE people kinda drilled it into me that once they decide to send you somewhere you're like pretty much in (though they're always careful to say "the decision lies ultimately with the exchange university" to cover their arses), so I'm like Yay-okayplanningnow. That and potentially my subconscious is like DON'T SCREW UP THE PROPERTY EXAM YOU'RE ALREADY SITTING ON B MINUS FROM THE INTERNALS.

Anyway it would be nice for them to send me some sort of official letter of acceptance (hopefully this will come after I send back the CUFLE form) for the application for accommdation and visa etc etc. But hell, when I applied to first year uni in Form 6 I just got a casual acceptance, I don't even think it was a letter. Pff, I don't know why they waste all the ceremony on the ridiculously over-priced graduation gowns when you finish, rather than make the gowns cheaper and spend more on excited newbie first years who aren't yet indifferent towards and/or jaded about tertiary education.

Oh, and I have decided on the cheaper of two same-sized on-campus reputable university accommodations; because they provide the same amenities and furniture, and I'd be spending an extra 50 euros per month to just be a bit closer to town - but I'm going to get a bike anyway so whatever. Also it's not like the cheaper one is even (necessarily) gross or anything since it's actually newer, so yay!

Also found out that their accommodation contracts are January to May (lol I may have just written both months in French first), so woo I also save on one month of rent - as will now ship my winter stuff and most of my things and presents or whatever home then, then for June either store my big suitcase in some sort of storage or preferably with a 'friend' (as was the latest original plan), or just take it around Italy and Greece (which might be easier for shopping and possibly means I have an excuse not to stay at a dodgey backpackers even if it is way cheaper) - before I return to France for my flight to Japan.

WOOOO.

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaay!

    Let me know when you're going to Japan too, I'm gonna try and go as well (where I am getting this money from? No one knows).

    I am 80% sure I want to go to Italy although it will depend on what other kind of trips I go on earlier in the year (Japan and whatever happens with Julie and Kay), so it really is only 80% at the moment. I am planning in the relatively near future to go Grand Tour-ing, so will have more Italy then anyway.

    Super-excited now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Will cc you to the email I'll send Kay and tiffy about dates over the weekend then.

    Okay! Sooo I guess let me know when you are 90% then? Bahah. Or 80% about going in mid/late June specifically. I will probably go to Geneva for a few days in early June and pass through Germany for a daytrip or something - but since I have to go back to France before going to Japan, I don't think it'll matter so much whether I go to Italy or Greece first, so there is a bit of room for flexibility :p

    :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers