So, annoyingly for me Kay has posted her list on her personal blog FOR SOME REASON. :p
Anyway this post is kinda a response to that, which is in turn a response to the idea of having 33 clothes for 3 months - excluding sporty housey clothes (e.g. clothes you would ONLY wear to the gym, around the house or to bed) and underwear; BUT including shoes and accessories.
There's a slight chance this'll change, but given that (finally, after the period where it was too early for me to productively do anything for the exchange) I find myself inundated with OH GOD ALL THE FORMS and such and so on, I want to have as many things decided and out of the way as early as possible.
Since I'll be arriving in France during winter, and staying there and travelling around the general Europe-area for about 6 months, plus a week in Japan - well really I should get to have lots extra but that is not the way that suitcases and baggage allowances work. SO as a compromise, I have narrowed it down to THIRTY-SIX items - including shoes and accessories, but unlike Kay I have excluded tights - they can go in the underwear category :p But I had to have the girls reign me in a bit since APPARENTLY 18 pairs of tights excluding socks is too much. (Pff man whatever, I said that like 5 of them were just functional ones to wear for warmth underneath pants...)
LIST TIME, GOSH I LOVE LISTS.
Footwear:
1. Black knee-boots
2. Sneakers
3. Black ribbon-bow heels
4. Buckle shoes
[It is potentially cheating that once I get there I am planning to buy flat, sturdy European walking-boots like the kind we used to have in Holland - but Kay didn't say anything so that's all good :D]
Bottoms:
5. Jeans [still need to replace mine with a pair that doesn't have awkard inner-thigh holes...]
6. Denim shortshorts
7. Jeggings
8. Long black striped skirt
9. Black denim mini skirt
10. Ruffled blue-grey skirt
Tops:
11. Long grey top
12. Purple ribbon top
13. Brown stripey gold-hoop top
14. Blue knot top
15. Green top
16. Pink polo top
17. Black 'MADE IN THE 80'S' top
Over-tops/Coats:
18. Big black raincoat
19. Leather jacket
20. Weird blue zippy buckle thing (which falls into the category of clothing I feel uncomfortable wearing in NZ)
21. Stripey turtleneck
22. Blue polyprop-y double-button jersey/jacket/thing
23. Red half-cut sweater
Dresses:
24. Bright pink infinity dress
25. Little black dress
26. Purple shiny dress
27. White nursey dress (okay that sounds bad but it just always reminds me of a nurse)
28. Lazy blue throw-on dress
Belts:
29. Wide belt
30. Thin belt (I should maybe bring a waist belt instead but don't need it with current clothes so meh)
Jewellery:
31. Gold devil-heart necklace
32. Candy-heart necklace
33. Candy lego ring
34. Music ring
35. Scrabble XO earrings
36. Star stud earrings
(Hehehe, these are conveniently: T,J,K,M,H,B <3)
Though this technically doesn't need to be counted in the list, I will also bring:
- 9 housey/sporty/PJ things, including swimsuits (plural, because I think it is ridiculous to do laps in a bikini, but also refuse to do anything other than laps in a plain black one-piece that isn't even a halter)
- 3 singlets
- 4 thermals (2 tops, 2 pants)
- 6 bras
- More lace than you want or need to know about
- 6 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of knee-highs
And, though it will make me sad (at least UNTIL I BUY MORE BAHAHA), 14 pairs of tights:
- 6 plain tights, primarily to wear underneath pants/for warmth (3 black, 2 purpley, 1 blue)
- Black sheer thigh-highs
- Black thigh-high fishnets
- Rainbow thigh-high fishnets
- Zigzag fishnets
- Stripey circus tights
- Black gold-heart tights
- Red plaid thigh-highs (that are really kinda sock-y but still)
- Black holey thigh-highs
Ohgod I don't know what I will do if this doesn't all fit in my suitcase :(
WEAR AS MANY CLOTHES AS I CAN ON THE PLANE? MAYBE.
:P was gonna try make it my 'fashion blog' XD how ever long that will last :P
ReplyDeleteTad advise, try using just what you are taking for a while. get used to picking things from that pile. see if there are things you really won't wear and get rid of them now >< having space for potential new things is better than having things for the sake of it >< I regret not doing this as now I keep going back to my safe default ways of wearing things.
xx
Wow... You got it pretty close, nicely done :P
ReplyDeleteThere is no way I could manage this... Although that said I probably wear much less than I think I do. I think accessories would take up a very large portion of my list.
@Kay: Ohhh that makes sense :p Hehehe.
ReplyDeleteOkay! I wasn't actually sure whether to just not use those clothes for a while, so I don't get sick of them, and also because the blue top and blue dress are slightly pilled?
But like, they're all part of my regular wardrobe - black top mainly just in Asia, but it will get used if I don't have my loose white top (which I'm not bringing because it's too thin). Other exceptions are the fancier dresses and my brown stripy top, all of which are in the regular-use category of my special-ish occassion clothes?
@Han: Hehe thank you! :D Yeah pretty much other than like, daily necklace I tend to only wear earrings and rings a couple times a week at the most - unless there are lots of social things on.
2 corrections:
ReplyDelete(1) stripey.
(2) Actually, purple ribbon top is my OLD purple ribbon top that I must've had in first year, as opposed to the new purple ribbon top that I got at the start of this year when I got the corset from Spacesuit.
But it USED to be part of regular wardrobe, and only stopped when I noticed the embarassing under-arm hole and was too lazy to fix it (and didn't need to since I had so many clothes). SO I will do that and all shall be fine~