Sunday, 23 October 2011

Fangirling: Arthur Darvill, aka Rory Williams

(1) Dude you lot need to post more so I don't look so bad :p But yes, apologies for the post-spamming, it's just exam period and you know how it is hahaa.
(2) How is it that we don't have a 'geek' tag yet?? JEEZ.


I'm not going to make 'Doctor Who' tag or that'll just encourage me.

Anyway.

So I kinda have a ridiculous, considerable crush on Rory Williams (geeky, awkward, piney-type nurse, who waits for Amy for 2,000 years as a Roman Centurion) from Seasons 5+6 of new Doctor Who, played by Arthur Darvill - who I decided was rather unfortunate in his lack of stage presence and charisma, particularly in contrast with co-stars Matt Smith and Karen Gillian.

But but but... then I found out that Arthur Darvill was in a BAND back in the day. Called 'Edmund', as in the younger brother from Narnia's "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe". And of course I found that strangely endearing. Dear god.

At least, I am still able to say somewhat objectively that they aren't that musicially impressive (not bad, and I kinda like the riff of the first song I found, but still not jaw-droppingly-amazing), and lyrically probably even less so.

And then of course my uterus interjects: HEY HE HAS A BRITISH ACCENT AND CAN SING HEYHEYHEY LOOK AT THAT.

Seriously I need to get that thing removed.


Anyway so the first song I found was "Hit and Miss" - which doesn't propertly start till like 0.30 (I don't know what they're trying to do at the start; or rather, I didn't find it particularly necessary or impressive), and also has a weird bit at 1.45 (someone tell me what that reminds me of?).  I like the way he says 'cheers' at the end, hah.

Oh god, what is it about musicians. And accents.

More importantly, WHY DOES TUMBLR EXIST.

[Edit: OKAY, "Missing Out" is CUTE.]

[Edit x2: Twitter. There are reasons I must never get one.
Arthur Darvill

I'm making another egg sandwich. This is getting silly.
Arthur Darvill

I ate 3 eggs last night.
Arthur Darvill

Life is just like playing music. It's all about putting your fingers in the right place at the right time.
Arthur Darvill

Cast picnic at turned into carnage. Think I had 7 puddings. This evenings show may be postponed due to collective food coma.
Arthur Darvill

I'm roasting a chicken. Just for myself.
So I totally need to have this man's babies.
And, yes I never said I didn't have creepy stalker problems. Nevertheless I'm going to stop there and get off the bloody internet.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers